Welcome to the Albanian Encouragement Project! We are glad you are serving the Lord in Albania and have a vision for spreading the Good News here. May He be our strength and song as we join together in His work!
The Albanian Encouragement Project (AEP) was founded in October 1991 by Evangelical Christian organizations and churches wanting to cooperate together while remaining autonomous in their individual ministries in Albania. There are several advantages to uniting together:
- By exchanging information and communicating with one another, duplication in one area and over-concentration in others can be avoided.
- Each group benefits from the information discovered by others.
- Discussion on issues of common concern generates a broader understanding and more appropriate solutions.
- As the name “Albanian Encouragement Project” indicates, we are here not only to encourage Albanians, but also each other.
- Having a united front before the Albanian government and international agencies, more is accomplished than if we were all working independently.
- Sharing in the expenses of a common office for communications can save everyone added expenses.
THE HEART OF AEP
We affirm that the church’s visible unity in truth is God’s purpose. Evangelism also summons us to unity, because our oneness strengthens our witness, just as our disunity undermines our gospel of reconciliation. We recognise, however, that organisational unity may take many forms and does not necessarily forward evangelism. Yet we who share the same biblical faith should be closely united in fellowship, work and witness. We confess that our testimony has sometimes been marred by sinful individualism and needless duplication. We pledge ourselves to seek a deeper unity in truth, worship, holiness and mission. We urge the development of regional and functional cooperation for the furtherance of the church’s mission, for strategic planning, for mutual encouragement, and for the sharing of resources and experience. (John 17:21, 23; Eph. 4:3, 4; John 13:35; Phil. 1:27; John 17:11-23).
- Assist with Leje Qendrimi (resident permit) process for citizens needing them.
- Update on new laws and political swings.
- Offer postal services through K.P. 119 Tirana.
- Exchange information through e-mail system.
- Arrange contracts with different agencies.
- Provide access to fax, telephone, and photocopier.
- Keep an office library of books and videos.
- Supply AEP identification cards.
About Christianity in ALBANIA: